List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Printer manager
From:       Laurent Rathle <lrathle () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2002-07-26 13:36:48

Hello,

Excuse me if this problem was already discussed. I just had trouble printing a
document from KWord, my printer didn't want to work. I went in the Control
center/Printer manager and saw a menu "Start the printer". I tried it and had
a dialog asking me for a password. I've tried the admin password, no way. At
the end, I found that I had to connect myself as root in the printer manager
to have it work. I don't find it practical for a person not used with Linux.
I think that the "Start the printer" should be greyed and that a dialog
informing you that you should press the "Connect as root" button should
appear if you tried this menu option. What do you think ?

Thank you,

--
lrathle@kde-france.org
http://www.kde-france.org