List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: yet another panel layout
From:       "Christian A =?iso-8859-1?q?Str=F8mmen?= \[Number1/NumeroUno\]" <number1 () kde ! org
Date:       2002-07-25 13:41:03

On Thursday 25 July 2002 09:26, Michael Peligro scribbled down on a piece of
electronic paper:
> Please keep KMail. Most users write e-mail as much as they browse the web.
>
> > *thinks*
> > I'd rather that empty space were used for the taskbar, to be honest.
> > As for the clock...  Well, when you look at it, you can figure out what
> > time it is!  That can be very useful!  Seriously though, I think you
> > underestimate how widely (and subconsciously) used it is.
>
> The clock is useful. Please don't leave out the clock. Most users
> subconsciously look at it, and adjust their work pace accordingly.

I usually don't like to say anything unless I feel I have something new to add
to a discussion, but here I feel that I have to support this. I have a strong
feeling that the clock is important and should be on by default.

Also, what happend to the system dock? Isn't this very important for us to
have as many applications use this? If it isn't on by default then less
applications will be inclined to use it, something that isn't a good thing
for KDE at all seeing how important the system dock is.

--
\ Christian A Strømmen /
\ Number1/NumeroUno @ Undernet - Email: number1@kde.org number1@realityx.net /