List:       kde-usability
Subject:    idea: split a web page in two on big screen
From:       Erik =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Sj=F6lund?= <erik.sjolund () home ! se>
Date:       2002-07-23 10:38:06

On a big monitor the text on a web page tend to be shown as very long
lines if you have the konqueror window take up the whole screen and you
don't want to use a big font.

Would it make sense to give the user the possibility to split a web page
into two views horizontally side by side and connecting them so that the
bottom border of the left view has the same position on the web page as
the upper border of the right view? If you scroll they would both
scroll, and by scrolling down, the content of the web page would first
pass by the right view and then the left view.

This functionality doesn't exist right now and I don't know if it is
easy implementable. I haven't seen this functionality in other programs
so I don't know how useful it is. Any thoughts?

regards
Erik Sjölund