List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: opinions on gnome2
From:       Christoph Held <c-held () web ! de>
Date:       2002-07-20 9:18:52

On Saturday 20 July 2002 00:39, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> On Friday 19 July 2002 03:05, Christoph Held wrote:
> > BTW: Kicker has a strange behavior: If you change kickerrc and call
> > restart() the old kicker appears again and almost all changes to kick=
errc
> > are lost. I guess kicker writes to kickerrc before it restarts. Does
> > anyone know how to get around this bug?
>
> dcop kicker kicker configure
>
> shouldn't need to call restart?

Either one works. Just try it.
cp /home/held/.kde/share/config/kickerrc ~/kicker1                 //kick=
er 1
change kicker (add applets, extensions, position...)               //kick=
er 2
cp ~/kicker1  /home/held/.kde/share/config/kickerrc
dcop kicker kicker configure
Suprise, suprise. What will kicker look like?
Answer: like kicker 2 ;-)