List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.0.2 Usability Study - First Steps
From:       Alistair Davidson <lord_inh () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-07-18 4:29:43

 --- Matt Bonyak <dingodonkey@stny.rr.com> wrote: > On
Wednesday 17 July 2002 09:51 pm, Sebastien Biot
> wrote:
>
> The same goes for
> the single click, only
> that one takes a bit longer to learn.

I reckon that double-click is very poor usability. I
watched a new computer user yesterday puzzling over
why double-click was used on icons and single-click on
buttons in apps.

> "At least one user started working on one of the
> compressed files as if it had
> been available to her (and the file system) in its
> uncompressed form."
>  - I agree, this is a problem.  Perhaps there should
> be an indicator
> (immediate thought: very soft gold-yellow [or any
> other light colour] stripe
> at the bottom with short white text reminding the
> user that they are in a
> compressed file, and that it is read-only)?

I'd change the whole window background colour, because
it effects the whole folder.