On Saturday 13 July 2002 23:07, Waldo Bastian wrote: > I think it's great for situations where you display several items of > information and some of them can be changed and some of them can not. With > a ro line-edit you can keep a certain degree of symmetry and consistency in > the UI while at the same time getting the message across that it can't be > changed. Why can't you do that with two labels like in my screenshot??? Or do you mean because there's a border around the line edits and not around the label? That is actually what I _don't_ like, because it's not a selectable widget anyway. But it's mostly a matter of taste I guess, no idea if any studies were done and if so what the results were. Martijn _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability