List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Usability Course Link
From:       Alistair Davidson <lord_inh () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-07-06 17:35:35

 --- Marten Klencke <mklencke@gmx.net> wrote: > Hi!

> On Saturday 29 June 2002 18:40, Irwin K wrote:
> > http://www.site.uottawa.ca/~tcl/seg3120/
> >
> > I took this course a few summers ago under Dr
> Lethbridge of the University
> > of Ottawa.  His course notes are readily available
> on the web and are quite
> > good.  If anyone has time, I recommend that they
> go through some of the
> > notes.  Good chapters that may give some insight
> into usability beyond
> > widgets and colours are sections B and C of the
> course notes.
>
> Thanks, some very interesting stuff there :-) At
> first glance the "Design
> Guidelines" also seem pretty useful. /me is going to
> read them thouroughly.
>
> Do you think there are any objections to adding a
> link to the KDE Usability
> website?

I liked the chart of different ways of giving
information... I'm not far in yet, does anyone have
info on the information that can reasonably be
conveyed using a combination of shape and colour? I
like the idea, though I don't know how technically
feasible it is in QT, of making the buttons different shapes.