List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: kdelibs/kio/kfile
From:       Irwin K <emerald-arcana () rogers ! com>
Date:       2002-07-06 16:12:08

On Saturday 06 July 2002 12:55 am, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> no, it uses its own bookmarks. just as konsole uses its own bookmarks. apps
> can use the kde bookmark classes to keep their bookmark files.

I'll play around and see what it's like and comment on it if I don't like it.
I don't think the description here is clear enough and the best way for me to
learn it is to play with it myself.

> > If there are huge differences in the way that Bookmarks menu work from
> > app to app, we might want to flag this as a problem "to work on later".
> > (We currently have quite a bit on our plate.)
>
> no, they work pretty much identically ... the question here is whether or
> not that's really appropriate for the file dialog, esp now that there is
> the shortcut sidebar..

Right... although I was suggesting that if the bookmarks, let's say, from the
KDesktop, the Konqueror, and the Save As menu were all different, and the
user expected them to be the same, then we would have problems.  That's a
discussion for a separate thread though and may not need to come up.

--
-- Arcana  (Irwin)