List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Usability Strategy Discussion
From:       Tim Jansen <tim () tjansen ! de>
Date:       2002-07-02 17:50:07

On Tuesday 02 July 2002 13:28, Robert Watkins wrote:
> I don't believe that OSS has proved structured
> development processes 'largely wrong'. My hunch
> is that if  you look at time spent on a project
> that had a SDLC followed and one that used
> OSS-type processes, you'd find that the
> structured process was much more efficient. I
> believe that you get to the end point sooner,
> rather than later because you spend much less
> time re-designing and patching bad design and
> more time designing.

I am not sure what processes you are referring too, to me it sounds like your
"structured development process" is the "iterated waterfall". But there are
other process models, like rapid prototyping and extreme programming, which
are much closer to the KDE development process and IMHO more efficient.

bye...