List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Fwd:  clipboard behaviour
From:       Joseph Manojlovich <josephm () mail ! sis ! pitt ! edu>
Date:       2002-07-01 20:15:46

Yeah, that was my first complaint too. However, the benefits for users
from the other desktop operating systems will appreciate this
unknowningly, as their familiar clipboard mental model still works fine
on KDE 3.

There should be an option for power users to tell KDE to use just one
clipboard though, if you ask me, for the very reasons you mention
here.

If you think about it though, the ctrl+c/ctrl+v in KDE 2 was actually
worthless. Just the very act of selecting the text copied it to the
clipboard -- clicking on Copy in the edit menu was just redundant (did
this even do anything at all in KDE 2?).

All in all, I think the 2 clipboard idea is probably the best overall
comprimise, especially if there is the option to only use 1.

--
Joe Manojlovich
josephm@sis.pitt.edu