List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KFileDialog toolbar
From:       Irwin K <emerald-arcana () rogers ! com>
Date:       2002-06-30 4:15:08

I've assembled pictures of existing "Open File" dialog boxes from various
locations.

The page puts all of the pictures inline, so please excuse the transfer
times... I did the page as a quick hack.

http://yetta.net/~arcana/kde/openfile

As you can see, KDE doesn't necessarily have the most complex dialogs (or the
simplest).  Make sure you look at the Windows dialogs: they embody most of
the features that we are discussing the placement of and can give us some
ideas of how they placed a lot of items into very few buttons.

--
-- Arcana  (Irwin)