List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: fdsfsd
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-06-29 23:37:24

On Saturday 29 June 2002 01:49 pm, Irwin K wrote:
> On Saturday 29 June 2002 03:22 pm, Marten Klencke wrote:
> > Right :-)
> > In the process I've found a usability issue though... I sent the mail
> > while the Usability folder was active, so kde-usability@mail.kde.org was
> > the automatic recipient. Realizing this, I clicked the "..." button to
> > choose another recipient, thinking it would replace the old one, but
> > apparently it appended the new one.
> >
> > Shouldn't it override the previous "To" field?
>
> I think the reason it doesn't is because SMTP allows multiple values to be
> written in the To: field.  Thus this may be a technical issue that we can't
> really circumvent.
>
> I accidentally posted on KDE-devel before. :)

The problem is that "new messages" are being sent to the current folder, which
is only in some cases what the user wants, we have seen quite a few
embarasing messages on mailinglists due to this.

This issue has been extensively discussed on the kmail development list the
solution that has been adopted is that now "New Message" always creates an
empty message and the new menu-item "Post to mailinglist" sends to the
mailinglist associated with the current folder.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org  |   SuSE Labs KDE Developer  |  bastian@suse.com