On Thursday 27 Jun 2002 06:11, Ian h wrote: > If the country is changed to one with multiple > commonly languages a dialog would appear with those > languages, associated keyboard layouts, and other > possible settings in a listboxes with the "defaults" > highlighted. If the user want get more options could > be expanded in some way. I can see how this would be useful (indeed, KCMLocale does it), but the=20 implementation would be a little difficult. If the user selected a country, I could pop up a requester asking to sele= ct=20 the appropriate language (for multiple-language countries). But if the us= er=20 selected a language, I wouldn't be able to show the list of possible=20 countries (KLocale doesn't have this option), leaving an inconsistent=20 feature. I'd also prefer not to have to throw up requesters in Kilt, as the aim is= to=20 be as unobtrusive and easily accessible as possible.=20 > The "Customize" menu would open the above dialog box > with all the listboxes filled with all avaliable > options. To reduce confusion the current settings > would checked while also being highlighted. These > settings could be Applied and/or be saved as custom > locales. This feature sounds very much like KCMLocale, for which Kilt provides acc= ess=20 via the 'Configure Country...' and 'Configure Language...' menu items. To= add=20 this to Kilt itself would defeat the purpose of having a separate i18n/l1= 0n=20 switching tool. Thanks for the suggestions though, much appreciated. :) Cheers, Jay _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability