List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: OT: My KControl modules disappeared
From:       Irwin K <emerald-arcana () rogers ! com>
Date:       2002-06-27 4:03:05

On Wednesday 26 June 2002 01:09 am, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> > And no, windows wont break things if you remove your start menu entries,
> > which in itself is slightly surprised :)
>
> A) this isn't windows
> B) in kde you hide them if you don't want them, not rm -rf them

.. which I think is also a flawed model.  THat's another story, but the
difference between "hiding" and "deleting" I think is either unclear, or
simply annoying for a user.  I want to delete the things so I don't have to
look at 15 items when I edit my menu, not just hide them.

Also, there's the common case of people creating this accidentally.  They can
only hide them, not delete them.  Not very good.

--
-- Arcana  (Irwin)