List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: OT: My KControl modules disappeared
From:       Nadeem Hasan <nhasan () nadmm ! com>
Date:       2002-06-26 1:32:09

On Tuesday 25 June 2002 08:08 pm, Irwin K wrote:

> It's a design flaw because it's in such an easily accessible spot that
> you're allowed and encouraged to play with (your K-Menu).  A similar
> concept would be including a single-click application in KDE that will
> delete all of the contents of your home directory, or a "friendly"
> installer program that deletes KDE applications without prompting you
> first.  No matter who you install KDE as, I don't think anything you play
> with in your menu, your panel, or any other user settings should ever,
> ever, EVER destroy the "global defaults" that are hidden.

You didn't get the point, didn't you? I was hinting at appropriate access
permissions which are in place normally which would prevent the things
you are talking about. So if you mess with the permissions, you have a
disaster waiting to happen. Nomally a user would only be able to mess up
his own environment, leaving the rest of the system functioning. Again,
this is not a design flaw, but a desired effect :)

Cheers,
--
Nadeem Hasan
nhasan@nadmm.com