List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: OT: My KControl modules disappeared
From:       Irwin K <emerald-arcana () rogers ! com>
Date:       2002-06-26 0:54:06

On Tuesday 25 June 2002 07:56 pm, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> > By the way, I killed the settings on ALL the users on my system and not
> > just me.  I shouldn't be able to do that.
>
> you had to be doing this as root then.

The problem was that I definitely was not running as root.

I'm not sure if having $KDEDIR installed as my user had anything to do with
it, but I'm certain that I was not running it as root.  (My root X session is
a single xterm which I recall NOT encountering when starting X, and I
distinctly recall NOT ever entering anything into a kdesu box.)

So I maintain that something was wrong (maybe it was my installation or
what-not) but I'd like to think that it wasn't "user's fault only".

--
-- Arcana  (Irwin)