List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Idiot proof kmenu
From:       Christoph Held <c-held () web ! de>
Date:       2002-06-19 9:39:48

On Tuesday 18 June 2002 19:44, Michael Hofer wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Am Dienstag, 18. Juni 2002 18:11 schrieb Klas Kalass:

> What if we do not try to build sentences part by part, but instead use an
> approach like in the mandrake-tom?
> http://www.inode.at/mhofer/kde-usability/mandrake_tom1.png

yup, this looks very nice and is a pretty good solution. I think this is about
simelar to the kde-TOM.
I have started working on kpersonalizer (the dialog that is shown the first
time you log in). One change is to make the kicker layout according to the
desktop style (page2) e.g. in case a user chooses windows the panel is small
with kde-TOM at the left, in case the user chooses CDE, the panel is large
centered and kmenu brocken in many small menus.... (btw. the implementation
is *much* more difficult than it sounds). I think kde-TOM and a new
kpersonalizer are together a pretty good and easy solution.

greetings

Christoph Held