I miss the "lightweight" "program-specific" help files in Windows 98 (Is this the right term?). For example, if I am using Imaging and I need help, I click Help-> Contents. A compiled HTML help window appears. The left pane has an outline of topics while the right displays the contents. No problem here. KDE's help presents information in the same way. Problem is, whenever I click help from any KDE program, it fires up the ENTIRE help files FOR ALL KDE apps. I get to see the ENTIRE Unix man pages plus the help files for 500+ or more apps in /usr/bin (or usr/local/,etc..). It's a good thing that KDE defaults to the help section of the program from which I launched help. But loading the other unecessary help files along with it takes more system resources and wastes time. Can we restrict help to display only the program-specific topics? In Windows, you only get the help file you need for that specific program only. This is nice. I don't need the other help files at the moment that I am in a particular program. An integrated, all-encompassing integrated help and manual system is okay for power users and inquisitive people. It's like a help encyclopedia that we can explore in our free time. I hope it stays in the menu for power users, much like the general "Help" in Windows 98 at the start menu. I heard that Gnome is developing "lightweight" "program-specific" help files similar to Windows CHTM. Is anybody in KDE doing the same thing? Or does KDE have something more novel in the works, such as blurring the distinction between tooltips and balloon help, and/or by making it interactive and may launch wizards when necessary? Greetings, Michael Peligro _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability