List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Another KMenu Suggestion: make icons BIG.
From:       Michael Peligro <mikepeligro () philwebinc ! com>
Date:       2002-06-11 14:07:31

> On Monday Mon, 10 Jun 2002 10:11:37, Christoph Held wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 08, 2002 at 03:11:05AM -0400, Irwin wrote:
>
> > Plus, it's easier to "hit" the right item when each item takes up more
> > space.
>
> Plus, it looks easier and less messy if there is more spacing between ite>ms.
> Just try liquid and compare the menu with something else eg keramik. You >will
> see...

Make icons BIG? Yes, we agree. Practically all of the users in our computer \
laboratory, most of them non- techie and home users enjoy using KDE. They work faster \
with bigger icons, since it's easily seen and accessed. I did a formal usability \
study on them just recently. They all like the size of icons in Windows XP. They also \
prefer bigger menus (the menu size in XP), big font sizes (minimum 12 points. Or 11 \
points in boldface), and easily-recognized and logical icons (they love connectiva \
crystal icons on Liquid).

Greetings,

Michael Peligro