List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Idiot proof kmenu
From:       Christoph Held <c-held () web ! de>
Date:       2002-06-07 16:26:43

Hi

Most discussion here is about adding freaky features, but forget making it
simple. If kde is supposed to be successfull in the market (I don't know if
it is aimed to be), kde must support the 50 years old, female secretary who
doesn't know anything but windows and hasn't yet figured out the difference
between a single and a double click.

I have modified a couple of lines and made a menu, the biggest windows idiot
should be able to use. It is still ugly and needs further thinking...

It is aimed to be an alternative option not a replacement. This (or something
simelar) should make kde rollouts in goverments much simpler...

screenshots, binaries, sources:
http://home.in.tum.de/~held/kmenu/

Greetings

Christoph