List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: The art of not offering customization
From:       Kristian Koehntopp <kk () netuse ! de>
Date:       2002-05-29 9:48:16

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 02:17:46AM -0600, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > Don't collect. Hide. And make a big "Unix Expert" switch, right at the top
> > of all.
>
> <repeat>user levels are not a solution</repeat>
>
> when are we going to have that FAQ stuff up on the website so we can just
> point people to a URL on this matter?

Aaron, there is a lot of stuff that needs to go away, by
default. Please find some beginner level user, preferably also a
slow learner or a person of high age. Give them KDE 3, for the
first time, and the observe. There is simply to much stuff, and
to much action, and there are a lot of meaningless words.

You can reason about that - it does not help. Observation helps
to understand.

Kristian

--
Kristian Köhntopp, NetUSE AG, Dr.-Hell-Straße, D-24107 Kiel
Tel: +49 431 386 435 00, Fax: +49 431 386 435 99