List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Menus organisation [Was: KWord Table Handling Is Strange]
From:       Simon Edwards <simon () simonzone ! com>
Date:       2002-05-28 16:18:07

Hi,

> 1) Table menu doesn't allow you to create a table.  (You have to go to
> "Insert" instead).

Actually this seems to be a general problem when you mix the standard menus
(File, Edit, View, Settings) with menus about an given 'object' in the
application (Table, Folder, Message). Things get kind of split between the
object menus and the standard menus, which can be quite annoying. (I look for
Search in the Folder menu in Kmail because I want to look inside the current
_folder_).

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon@simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/