On Friday 24 May 2002 2:38, Michael W. Collette wrote: > Couple of usability issues I keep finding myself zung with that I thought > I'd go and rant about a little bit here. > > File Renaming > ------------- > This one you just have to try for yourself to appreciate it. Hi-lite a > file, and press F2. You don't actually have to rename anything here, just > move the cursor keys right and left. Now that you're done editing, press > Enter. Everything is cool so far. To edit the file below, press your down > arrow. > > Now you get the ghost of a hi-lite moving through your list. If there's > some way without grabbing for the mouse to get the ability to edit more > file names, it's about as non-intuitive as it could be. > > File Copying/Moving > ------------------- > I may be remembering this wrong. Please advise if this is the case. In > KDE 2.2.2 when you were moving a stack of files into a directory and one of > those files had a duplicate name, Konq would prompt the user for a rename > or skip. KDE 3 seems to have dropped that, falling back to a more Explorer > like action where no options are provided. Just an error dialog, and the > operation is cancelled. > > It seems like an obvious point to me, but the KDE 2.2.2 actions were far > preferrable in this regard. Is anyone in this list aware of why Konq got > dumbed down? No, both of these are just plain bugs, not really usability deficiencies per se. They are both supposed to work as you describe. -John _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability