List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Introducing myself
From:       Ludwig Ruderstaller <lr () pixelwings ! com>
Date:       2002-05-22 16:14:05

Hi,

My name is Ludwig Ruderstaller, and I'm a Web-Developer from Vienna,
Austria.

My primary function, beside writing code, is to design administration
interfaces and check usability from websites.

I know, websites and "normal" program's are not the same. But I believe
I have some knowledge in this too. :)

I use KDE since version 1.x (cant exactly remember). Most of the KDE
parts are getting being better over the time. The Look & Feel, the
usability still increased.

I want to help, that this remains constant in the future.

For my daily PHP and HTML coding i use Quanta+ or Kate sometimes also
Komodo (from ActiveState very nice program).

Kate is a very great product. But the Preferences looked as the
developer doesn't like to think about its usability. It seems, in
specially, configuration windows, are not often the preferred task in a
project.

I hope i can improve the preferences from Kate, in consultation with the
programmer's of course.
In my brain the preferences windows for Kate are almost finished. Now I
have to start learning QT-Designer to make them usable. I hope also to
starting learning c/c++, undertake and planned since some years now :)

As you may have noticed, English is not my primary language, so excuse
my spelling and grammar ;)

regards
Ludwig

--

Pixelwings Medien Gmbh                http://www.pixelwings.com
Kandlgasse 15/5                       Phone: +43 1 524 58 50 - 56

The moral behind the movie 'The Matrix' is even if you are the almighty
'One' you still have to answer the telephone.