Am Montag, 13. Mai 2002 19:02 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo: > On May 13, 2002 08:31 am, Roland Seuhs wrote: > > I know this is supposed to be a feature, but it destroys your clipboa= rd > > when you click accidentally on the active desktop. > > > > How often are you likely to change your desktop names anyway? > > conversly, how hard should it be to rename them when you want to? I think right-clicking on it or clicking on the small up-arrow isn't too = hard. And you also have the possibility in changing it through the control-cent= er.=20 So there are 3 ways (right-click, up-arrow, kcontrol) to do it, how many = more=20 ways of doing it do we really need? For example I named my desktops with right-clicking. I did not know about= the=20 possibility to change the name by double-clicking until I accidentaly=20 destroyed my clipboard with it. So it's also not very intuitive to change= the=20 name of the desktop that way, IMO. > while i think having an accessable way of renaming your desktops is a G= ood > Thing, i completely agree with you that the current way is too accessab= le > ... ;-) i think dropping the feature completely is perhaps too harsh > though; what about: > > o only enter edit mode when double clicked > o add a "Change desktop name" entry to the RMB menu The latter would be OK with me. (Still overkill, but at least not annoyin= g) > either of those should make it harder to mistakenly enter rename mode w= hile > retaining the ability to quickly change the name of your desktop. I don't think there is demand of quickly changing the name of your deskto= p,=20 really.=20 Changing desktops and using the clipboard on the other hand are day-to-da= y=20 work which should have the priority. Roland --=20 Oliver's Law: Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability