List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: About your last commit to kcontrol/kicker
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () olympusproject ! org>
Date:       2002-05-13 6:16:51

On May 12, 2002 11:57 pm, Nadeem Hasan wrote:
> On Monday 13 May 2002 01:46 am, Nadeem Hasan wrote:
> > Hi Aaron,
>
> <snip>
>
> > Custom Size Default:
> > ====================
> > Try using "58 pixels" as default custom size and save. When you come
> > back, it will jump back to "Normal" since 58 pixels is the normal size,
> > and the code uses the pixel size to determine the size type (which is
> > stupid). Changing it to "64 pixles" meant that "Custom" remains "Custom".
> > Fixing the defaults to make more sense is always very productive IMHO.
>
> Correction: 58 pixels is "Large" size and not "Normal", but my point still
> remains valid.

that's because kicker doesn't differentiate between "custom" and "standard
size".. it just uses pixel sizes, which is fine ... the relationship between
"small", "large", etc... is purely cosmetic... this wasn't the case in kde1
and 2, but is an improvement for kicker internally IMO...

anyways, this (rather cosmetic) bug could be fixed by adding an option in the
kickerrc called SizeCustom ... but for it work properly, kicker would need to
get patched as well and i'm not sure that's the best thing for kicker
itself...

how big of a problem is this really?

btw, i don't think i got the original email that this was a part of.. master
is down so none of the lists are getting through.. perhaps you could email me
the entirety of the original email?

--
Aaron J. Seigo