On May 11, 2002 12:42 pm, Ian h wrote: > I don't know what kconfig can do because I can't find > it. I may not have installed all the rpms for KDE3. If > what you mean is the class, that wouldn't be any > direct help to users/admins. yes, it is the class. and yes, it is very useful. how? because it allows the admin to set immutable settings in the system-wide app configs as well as define which directories to look for configs in via KDEDIRS .. a KDE application that would allow an admin to interact with those facilities would indeed be cool, and that's what you're talking about i suppose =) note that in kdenonbeta there is a generic config editor that was recently added. that might be a good starting point to which to add features such as being able to edit the system-wide settings, setting items as immutable, yadda yadda. > side note: I'm going try working from the CVS so I'm > on the same page as most of you are. excellent =) > imuttable settings. Either way, they may have to hand > edit/overwrite everyone's rc file. no.. you will want to read up on how kconfig works. it is quite powerful and designed with multi-user system admin and general flexibility in mind. -- Aaron J. Seigo _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability