List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Menu Bug: Konqueror with KWrite Plugin
From:       whalesuit () softhome ! net
Date:       2002-05-03 4:43:41

> If you load a text file with KWrite as a Plugin in Konqueror, you'll notice
> that KWrite imports some of its menus into Konqueror's.

Is anyone else slightly frustrated with plugins in Konqi?   When I really do
want to preview something, it's nice that Konqi can show anything.  On the
other hand, most of the time when I'm browsing to file on my hard drive,
it's cause I want to _open_ it, and in this case RMB->Open With->KWrite is
kind of a nuisance.  Any ideas on how to make this work more intuitively?

On this same digression, I'd like to suggest that we do some work on media
handling in Konqueror - a general review to make it more intuitive.  As an
added featre, it'd be a really nice option to be able to send the URL of a
streamable media file to the player, rather than downloading it to /tmp and
opening it.

My $.0000002

EE