List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: "Mini-menus" on kicker for user applications
From:       Eric E <whalesuit () softhome ! net>
Date:       2002-04-30 19:35:10

> Maybe it would be beneficial to have customizable "Menu" buttons similar to
> the KMenu, but each containing a certain class of applications a user may
> like to use.

I'm for it, provided:
a) you can enable or disable it
b) we give some thought to how to add and remove apps before slapping onto
Kicker

> It would help alleviate Kicker crowding by categorizing your applications.
It
> allows also for quick-access to your applications without having to move
your
> mouse all over your desktop (as may be the case for the KMenu).
This says to me that the K Menu is not set up properly - it seems to me that
almost all your apps should be available in one simple way from the K Menu

It resembles
> the Right-Click style of application launching you get in Windowmaker and
> Afterstep, in a way.
EE has thought -
Is there any way we can combine this paradigm with some place to dock/hide
currently running applications (i.e., out of the taskbar and into the menu?).
After all, the reason you want the organized app menus is to use the apps
that you use all the time... The thought's not as clear as I'd like, but mull
a bit.

Cheers,

Eric