List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: kicker config: Look and Feel page
From:       Simon Edwards <simon () simonzone ! com>
Date:       2002-04-30 7:52:14

On Tuesday 30 April 2002 03:42, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On April 29, 2002 07:08 pm, Eric E wrote:
> > You're right, the Kate config dialog looks like a good way to handle this
> i'm just concerned that opening a dialog to show a dozen or two square
> images is a big of a pain on the user. this is different than picking a
> colour or from hundreds of icons that are scattered across your system...

Well, I was kind of assuming that sooner or later you would be picking from
hundreds of images scattered across your system...

> > Or we can just wait to see what trick Aaron has up his sleeve....
>
> well, it really isn't that special of a trick.. =) i'm putting the actual
> tile image *in* the comboboxes. a combobox can have a pixmap next to the
> text just like any menu. i've also eliminated the checkboxes by adding a
> "None" entry into the comboxes. this makes for a LOT less widgets.

That sounds much better. My concern in the past is that you only get to pick
the image by it's name, and not by the image itself. Your comboboxes should
hopefully solve that too.

> i appreciate everyone bearing w/me and my limited hacking time. as soon as
> the menu tab is finished merging i'll post the patches somewhere everyone
> can get to them.

It sounds like you are doing some great work there... keep it up. ;-)

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon@simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/