List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: kicker kcm: position tab
From:       Eric E <whalesuit () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-04-24 19:58:07

I hope this isn't too late in the game, but can't you position the panel just
by dragging it?  Does the panel stay where you last put it? (I've got a
Matlab session running, so I can't logout and back in to check)

It seems like a kcm option for this behavior may be overkill, except perhaps
for generating templates for all users.  OK granted, if you've got a full
taskbar, it can be pretty hard to find panel space to grab to drag it to a
new location.  But perhaps we should address that problem within kicker as
visible, rather than kcm.

This seems like a good time to throw in a request for task and toolbar locking
- nothing more annoying than having to help someone find a toolbar they torn
off and closed over the phone.

Also, I presume changes made by dragging will show up in the kcm?

Finally, if we do make it a kcm setting I also prefer the push buttons to
radio buttons for your widget.  And perhaps 8 push buttons for the
panel-raising screen edge.

Cheers,

Eric