List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Kicker and Usability Chat
From:       Jono Bacon <jonobacon_lists () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-03-20 10:25:49

On Wednesday 20 March 2002 10:13 am, Marten Klencke wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > Would the K Menu be considered part of the core?
>
> I think it probably should be considered part of the core, as well as the
> way buttons are added and maybe also the tray, taskbar and clock, since
> they are all standard applets. However, like Aaron pointed out, that would
> make this "app of the week" at least an "app of two weeks", of not more.
>
> What do you think? Shall we go for it and just take more time, drop some
> applets like taskbar and the clock, or move on to another app? I personally
> think we should continue with Kicker, taking the time we need.

Why don't we just focus on parts of kicker each week. E.g - one week the K
menu, the next week the system tray, the next week the applets etc.

> Which brings me to a second thing: obviously these matters require quite
> some discussion, so wouldn't it be a good idea to have some kind of weekly
> IRC chat to go along with the weekly app?

Nice idea, but when is the best time. Anytime 9 - 5GMT Mon - Fri should be
fine for me witht he possibility of some evenings...but I am increasingly
busy these days. :(

	Jono