List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KCron prototype
From:       Eric E <whalesuit () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-03-12 23:53:57

> In systems running anacron, it would be helpful to be able
> to say whether a task should or should not be run through anacron
> if it weren't through  cron.
As I understand it, anacron is like cron but runs jobs it might have missed
when the computer was off or otherwise occupied when the job was run.  It
looks to me like anacron's scheduling setup is somewhat different than
cron's.  Does anyone know if and how distros transfer jobs from cron to
anacron?  Specifically how hard would it be to put such an option into KCron?

I'm still only working on a GUI prototype -no idea if I'll end up rewriting
KCron (though I wouldn't mind if I got the chance)

> just a suggestion.
Appreciated...

Cheers,

EE