List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: kdebase/ksmserver
From:       Eric E <whalesuit () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-03-08 2:21:30

> But doesn't the UI standard say that the non-destructive button should be
> default?

I guess this depends on whether you're trying to keep inexperienced users from
logging themselves out or to make it easier for more advanced users to
logout.

Here's a question: If a user is sufficiently novice to accidently log
themselves out, can we expect that they won't be using keys to answer
dialogs?

Wait, this is a question that calls for.... OBSERVING novice users!  Good
thing we're working that out. :)

EE

PS - I personally would love it if you could Menu-Enter-Enter to logout...
That's my opinion usability-wise, but I may not count.