List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Kicker - removal of miniprogramms
From:       Eric E <whalesuit () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-02-28 23:49:27

This is handled nicely in WindowsXP by the "Lock Toolbar" options.  The
taskbar is locked by default - which is very useful in that it lets the
sysadmin ensure a user doesn't tear off a menu and lose it, or in this case,
the taskbar for Kicker and not know how to get it back.

Here's two potential solutions"
	In the little up arrow, add a menu item "Lock" - the arrow disappears, as
does the drag-handle.  If we can find to implement this independent of the
style being used, then have the arrow reappear after a long enough hover.
Now the menu entry is toggled to "Unlock".
	Make the presence or absence of arrows dependent on the style - some styles
have em, some don't.  If you don't like the arrows, change the style.  The
potential support problems associated with this could be solved if a tech
could invoke DCOP to change the style back to the "default" style.

Cheers,

Eric