List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Usability test
From:       Eric E <whalesuit () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-02-21 23:04:14

Hi all,
	My roommate is a definite computer neophyte, and since I've just set up KDE
on my Mandrake 8.1 box, I'd like to run her through a SHORT usability test in
KDE, as I teach her how to do a few things she wants to do:
	I recall that a while back there was talk of a usability test being thrown
around here.  Did we ever decide on a standard test?  Does anyone have a
short test I can give her?
	From my POV, another key usability analysis tool is something that records
everything that she does - a kind of "screenshot movie".  People could then
do some usability analysis on this movie , though if this is for general
consumption y'all might give me a few security tips before I record...

Do we have an app like this?  How hard would it be to put one together (asks
the noncoder)?

  I'd also like to report a small usability victory for KDE:
	This roommate presently uses only MSN messenger (KMerlin) and Hotmail (in
Konqi) at home, and right now KDE is easier for her to use than WindowsXP,
because Windows Messenger doesn't work, and I can't seem to fix it w/o
reinstalling XP.  Kudos to everyone for such great work on KDE!

Cheers,

EE