List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: How to Organize Control Centre Stuff
From:       Karim Elaagouby <karim () hh ! com>
Date:       2002-02-21 17:13:11

> From my initial work so far I am already seeing patterns of
> misunderstanding and assumption - I feel these will be useful in the final
> proposed solution.

Another approach is to design a questionnaire and submit it to end-users
of all levels. With a sample big enough, the statistics should reveal the
"path of least resisitance", and eventually statistical patterns.
Quetions such as the following can be really usefull and allow
construction of significant categories:
1- when you think of items A and B do you think (check any that applies):
   [ ] a- A is part of B ?    Ref.Q1-a
   [ ] b- B is part of A ?    Ref.Q1-b
   [ ] c- A is same B ?    Ref.Q1-c
   [ ] d- A and B are completely unrelated ?    Ref.Q1-d

This sort of study can be conducted using email. the Ref.Q1... make parsing
text easy to extract the statistics.

Karim