List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Usability Report DTD
From:       Marten Klencke <mklencke () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-02-20 21:20:12

Hi!

On Wednesday 20 February 2002 21:28, Chris Howells wrote:
> I'm wonderig whether it would be best to use a slightly modified bugzilla,
> or simailar. Then some kind of script (probably written in PHP) could parse
> an uploaded XML file, and create reports based on that.

Unfortunately, I have almost no experience with bugzilla, so it's difficult
to comment. However, the web interface you describe is probably exactly what
I had in mind:

A report writer submits a report (in XML format) which is then stored on the
server. The web interface then allows people to search for reports by using
date, application name, kde version, etc.
Also, the reports must be updateable by the maintainer. (which reminds me,
maybe the XML file needs a "fixed" ATTLIST for issues)

I don't think there is a need for report issue numbers anymore. Sorting by
date should take care of that, right?

Best regards,
--

Marten Klencke