List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Changes to the Bookmark Editor in Konqueror
From:       Emerald Arcana <emerald-arcana () rogers ! com>
Date:       2002-02-19 2:49:24

Changes to the Bookmark Editor in Konqueror
---------------------------

I think some changes are in effect for the Bookmark editor for Konqueror...
(the version I have is a 1 month old CVS of Konqueror.. so that's post-beta1
but pre-beta2).

Actually, I'm being a little dramatic.  All I want to call out for is an
opinion for this one change:

1) When you want to drag-and-drop a bookmark inside a Collapsed (closed)
folder, the folder should Highlight the folder.

(This tidbit was taken from old versions of Netscape.)

Currently, you have a bar that appears underneath the folder.  A "short" bar
means you're putting the bookmark inside the folder.  A "long" bar means its
going in between two items.  This isn't a good visual indication.

---

In the case that the folder is open... well, you'll NEED the long/short bar
system... there's nothing that's much of a better indication.

Even better would be to implement a "shadow" of the item you're dragging and
dropping, and "virtually preview" the results of the drag and drop using a
grey version of your bookmark.  (This could apply to every drag and droppable
item in KDE.)  If we drag things over a folder, the folder would collapse
automatically if you hang over it for about 1-2 seconds.

There's my 3 cents.

--
-- Arcana