List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: menu coloring
From:       Jono Bacon <jonobacon_lists () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-02-18 14:55:02

On Monday 18 February 2002 12:28 pm, Adrian Codre wrote:
> i want to share with u an idea that i have today and tell me what u think:
>
> in windows the entry's from menu that doesn't get much attention (clicks)
> from user are hided. And i think implementing this in KDE but in another
> way: I think that applications that is most launched should have a
> different background color and when u open a menu the most used apps it
> will be more visible. To ilustrate the idea take a look at the picture.

I think this is a good idea. The only problems I foresee are:

	- We need to ensure that the menu doesnt look too cluttered when a user uses
lots of programs - i.e -  limit the number of entries.

	- We need to consider a very subtle way of conveying this - maybe putting a
little alarm clock or something on the right side of the image - colouring
the line may be a bit intrusive.

	- It might be an idea to group the recently used programs at the top of each
submenu and recolour them. This would mean the user can go stright to the top
of the menu to load a recently used app without having to scan through the
menu for the relevent colours.

	Jono