List:       kde-usability
Subject:    RE: User name on the main menu
From:       "Jonathan Bacon" <j.bacon () delta ! wlv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2002-01-30 10:00:12

> I think something like User's name (a la Windows XP) gives the UI
> a more personal feel to it.
> Gnome uses the user on the file manager such as "User's Home".
> Having it show up right at the top of the Main menu is simply=20
> right IMHO.

I agree. This is a feature will will improve on the accessability of
KDE. I believe the choice to put the name at the top of kicker is a good
idea, and also a small image (which could be a photo of the user) could
be useful. The idea of personalizing KDE as much as possible is A Good
Thing (TM).

	Jono