List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Usability Project Plans
From:       Benjamin Meyer <icefox () mediaone ! net>
Date:       2002-01-28 16:44:41

Hmmm replying to my own post, not a good sign, but hey it is Monday.

> My only comment is that we have to have a quick was of reporting ui issues.
> For example if some app doesn't do xyz when it should we should have a
> simple form for that.  Almost like the kdebugs report where you just about
> click ok and you are done.

The reason that I wanted that was over the years I have simply done ui
hacking sessions for people.  They point me to their app and I open gvim and
over the hour just write stuff down as fast as I find it.  For a lot of open
source applications you can find sometimes hundreds of little ui errors and
some bugs while looking around.  They generally impliment most of the report
that I give them and the ones that they don't agree with I then go back and
re-write out the reason for the change at which point most of them will
agree.  Doing this cuts down on overhead and makes my job easier.  For
example if you were to go over my application Kinkatta I wouldn't require
that you write up a full formal report, but just that you get me a list of
things that should changed.  I may ask for an explination on one or two, but
I should understand the rest of them.  I would not want to see people that
don't want to give reports just because they have to write it up in some
application that you have to download or learn the xml format.  Most
developers when told what they should change will smack their forhead and say
"Doh why didn't I think of that!".

-Benjamin Meyer

P.S. Are we doing KJots this week or was that last?