List:       kde-telepathy
Subject:    Re: RFC: Moving KWallet Password dialog into Plasma
From:       Aurélien_Gâteau <aurelien.gateau () free ! fr>
Date:       2012-07-24 12:20:48

Le vendredi 20 juillet 2012 17:58:04 Martin Gr=E4=DFlin a =E9crit :
> Providing a password safe and asking for the master password is also a
> "system" service and should belong into the workspace.
> =

> So here my idea: let's move the password dialog into the desktop shell. H=
ave
> it as a so-called "persistent" notification popping out of the panel and =
be
> shown on top of all other windows till the user either dismisses it or
> enters the password.

I like the idea, but I have to ask the annoying question: what happens when=
 an =

application which needs access to the wallet is running outside of Plasma?
Ideally we could hook into the running workspace password safe (gnome keyri=
ng, =

mac os keychain, windows equivalent if any). If I am not mistaken this is w=
hat =

the FDO secret storage spec [1] is about, but is it in a state we can rely =
on =

for KDE SC 4.10?

Aur=E9lien

[1]: http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/secret-storage-spec