List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    Re: [kde-solaris] (no subject)
From:       "Luc I . Suryo" <luc () ispi ! net>
Date:       2001-08-31 23:59:47

> I was hoping someone could tell me how to get the KDE option to show up in
> the list of window managers while I log in... any help would be appriciated.

create the file /etc/dt/config/C/Xresources.d/Xresources.kde
some like this:

---------------- start -------------
Dtlogin*altDtsIncrement:        True

Dtlogin*altDtName:      K Desktop Environment (KDE)
Dtlogin*altDtKey:       /usr/local/kde/bin/startkde
Dtlogin*altDtStart:     /usr/local/kde/bin/startkde
Dtlogin*altDtLogo:      KDElogo

---------------- end ---------------

you need the KDELogo and copy that under
as above config the file must be named KDElogo.pm

/etc/dt/appconfig/icons/C/

for those been asking: i plan to start KDE sparc packages
between 2nd and 4d week of Sept.... i was told someone
else has taken the task to create KDE Solaris X86 packages
so i have no longer plan to create them :)

hope this may help!
--
Luc

lsuryo@kde.org