List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    Re: [kde-solaris] Sparc update?
From:       Glenn Butcher <glennb () ichr ! uwa ! edu ! au>
Date:       2001-08-31 10:46:10

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 11:59:11AM +0200, Eva Brucherseifer wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> sorry, but the 2.2 packages on the kde mirrors are for sparc processors only.
> There are no x86 packages yet.
> But maybe anyone on this list has compiled some? I can place packages for
> testing on my server. So, if there is a volunteer, speak up now ;-)

I've compiled 2.2 for intel - with the exception of arts. Since I don't have a
supported sound card anyway, this wasn't of concern to me. Also, I have no
experience with creating packages. I will try and compile it with arts now.

> On Friday 31 August 2001 10:54, Richard Sendall wrote:
> > Thanks, but I notice that the distribution is labelled 'sparc'.  I am not
> > running Solaris on a Sun Station, I have Solaris installed on a Intel PC,
> > but I take it the Sparc version should work.  I also note from the notes on
> > KDE's website that I require Xfree86.  I have downloaded XFree86 for
> > Solaris 8, and installed it on the PC.  The thing I got stuck on was
> > firstly, how do I add things to the PATH and then, how do I log into
> > Xfree86 instead of CDE? I have looked in the .profile and local.profile
> > files, but the PATH statements listed there do not match that I get when I
> > type set at the command prompt, so how do I add stuff to the PATH?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Richard.

Glenn Butcher Mail:glennb@ichr.uwa.edu.au  Ph: +61 8 9489 7973
UNIX and Network Administrator, Institute for Child Health Research
Horse, you are truly a creature without equal, for you fly without wings
and conquer without sword. - The Koran