List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    Re: [kde-solaris] KDE, Solaris and the Solaris Companion CD
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva.brucherseifer () basyskom ! de>
Date:       2006-09-26 15:42:05

On Monday 25 September 2006 20:16, Stefan Teleman wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Well, the cat is out of the bag, so i might as well own up to it: i
> very recently started working for Sun Microsystems. I am very happy
> about that, since I can now focus on doing what I love doing, which is
> software and systems.
>
> I will be working on Solaris' F/OSS software packages, for both the
> SFW and the Companion CD consolidations, and not only on KDE, but also
> on KDE's dependencies and required libraries. This means many other
> libraries and packages, many of which are shared with JDS/GNOME.
>
> This means that, KDE 3.5.5 will be on the Solaris Companion CD, along
> with its dependencies and requirements. It also means that, in a
> definite and foreseeable future, you will no longer have to deal with
> the hideous packaging of /opt/fsw4sun. :-) And KDE e.V will no longer
> have to host that thing on their servers' hard drives.
>
> So, KDE Solaris is alive and well, and now even at Sun!

Congrats Stefan! This is very good news and certainly this is due to all your
hard work throughout all the years. Certainly KDE servers will always be
available for packages, no problem with that.

Cheers,
eva

--
Eva Brucherseifer
General Manager

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel: +49 6151 3969-961 | Fax: -736 | Mobile: +49 170 5533642
eva.brucherseifer@basyskom.de | www.basyskom.de