On Saturday 24 June 2006 09:56, Nilesh Parmar wrote: > Hello Everybody, > I tried to install KDE on my Solaris 10 Ultra Sparc box. I > followed all the instructions that were described on > http://solaris.kde.org/instructions.php page. I installed all the > binary packages and patches as described here. I also managed to > get "KDE 3.4.332-bit [en_US.UTF-8]" display in the Sessions menu. > > However, after I select this, I am unable to get to the KDE > desktop. I get a blue screen (as described in the installation > instructions) but after a few seconds I am taken back the login > screen. I do not get the Konfigurator as described in the > instructions. I however am able to log on to CDE and JDS (which > were preinstalled). I do not get any error messages. Everything > else seems to work on Solaris except the KDE desktop. > > I'm not sure what is going wrong. Is there any way to troubleshoot > this problem ? Any log files that can help me ? I'm not a Solaris > expert, but I can just work my way through. It would be great if > anyone can help me troubleshoot this. Hi. Sorry for the delay in answering -- i was out of town this weekend and with no email. If you can email me privately the log file in /tmp/${USER}-startkde.out i can probably help. As Lars suggested, please make sure you have installed /usr/lib/libsunmath.so.1 if it was not already present on your system. --Stefan -- Stefan Teleman 'Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition' steleman@nyc.rr.com -Monty Python ___________________________________________________ This message is from the kde-solaris mailing list. Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-solaris. Archives: http://lists.kde.org/. More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.