List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    Re: [kde-solaris] Konsole broken ?
From:       Shane Ludwig <sludwig () xo ! com>
Date:       2006-03-13 17:02:16

Thanks for the update Stefan.

There's also another issue both a coworker and I have.  The Lock Session entry
in the menu doesn't seem to do anything.  If I run kdesktop_lock --forcelock
from the command line, it works fine, but not from the Lock Session entry
on the menu.  I was able to add a button of my own in the upper section of
the menu, to run kdesktop_lock --forcelock for me, and that works fine.

The Run Command also seems to do nothing.  We never get the popup box to
type the command into.

The Log Out... entry, however, does work.

I've tried tailing the /tmp/<username>-startkde.out but nothing gets put
into there when I try those menu entries.

When I run kdesktop_lock --forcelock from the command line, I do see the
following both output to the screen and added to the startkde.out file :

WARNING: DCOPReply<>: cast to 'QStringList' error
WARNING: DCOPReply<>: cast to 'QString' error
WARNING: DCOPReply<>: cast to 'QStringList' error
WARNING: DCOPReply<>: cast to 'QString' error

However, it doesn't seem to keep it from working.

I also ran kdebugdialog and turned on
1204 kdesktop
1207 kdesktop (Minicli)
1210 kicker

295 kdeui (KMenuBar) and 296 kdeui (KPopupMenu) were both already enabled.

and then ran kdebugdialog --fullmode and tried having it output to both message
box and syslog, neither of which gave me any results.  I suppose it's possible
I'm not using kdebugdialog correctly, although it seems fairly straightforward.

The /var/log/Xorg.0.log file doesn't have anything useful either.

Is there some way to turn on more debugging ?

Thanks,
Shane

--
Shane Ludwig            sludwig@xo.com