On Sunday 25 December 2005 07:59, Mikael Dalsgard wrote: > Hi! > > Just finished of the upgrade of my SPARC machine (what better way to > spend your time on a Christams Eve? :-) ). Great stuff, as usual! thank you very much! :-) > I appreciate the work you did to simplify installation in a foreign > locale. Last couple of times I had to investigate myself and edit a > couple of files to be able to log in using something other than en_US. > Now it was much easier, using your description and the provided program > and icon (though, of course; having done this before on this box might > have helped...). i tried to make it easier. installing different language packs was too painful. > Also installed a couple of language packs. And here I have some remarks: > > - runconfigure bailed out first complaining about an undefined > WORKSHOP_ROOT variable. I guess this was used for your compiler root? I > just did likewise, and it went through. Probably I could just have > removed it as well. whoops. i missed that one. i will fix this tonight and upload a correct script. thank you for letting me know. > - The provided adapted configure script I never got the hang of (always > complained about missing input files). I ended up just merging in the > path diffs ("/opt/fsw4sun") into the distribution (original) configure > file. Then it went OK. Probably missed some stuff, but seems fine for my > use. i will definitely fix this. > So again: Great packages, appreciate you doing this! Hope you have time > at some point to make packages for 3.5 as well. thank you! yes i started working on 3.5 yesterday. > Now on to upgrade my Sun provided Intel laptop... i hope you have an nVIDIA card ... :-) --Stefan -- Stefan Teleman 'Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition' steleman@nyc.rr.com -Monty Python ___________________________________________________ This message is from the kde-solaris mailing list. Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-solaris. Archives: http://lists.kde.org/. More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.