List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    Re: [kde-solaris] qt on solaris
From:       Stefan Teleman <steleman () nyc ! rr ! com>
Date:       2005-11-23 5:49:35

On Tuesday 22 November 2005 22:57, 李先波 wrote:> Hi , I find this by type \
./configure --help, after I ./configure -thread> -debug , I type gmake,the wrong \
appeared as follow : cc -c -O -KPIC...> cc: unrecognized option ' -KPIC'> cc1:error \
invalid option 't'>> What KPIC stand for? How can I continue my work? Hi.
it looks like you are using gcc but are using CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS for SunStudio.
this won't work. :-)
-KPIC is a SunStudio compiler flag and it tells the compiler to generate Position \
Independent Code. the equivalent for gcc is -fPIC -DPIC
the 't' invalid options comes from passing -mt to gcc/g++. -mt is also a SunStudio \
compiler flag, and it tells the compiler to use thread-safe API's and interfaces. it \
is usually used in conjunction with -D_REENTRANT. you can pass -D_REENTRANT to gcc, \
but gcc will not like '-mt' at all. i would recommend you check your \
CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS/CPPFLAGS/LDFLAGS, and make sure they are appropriate for gcc/g++. \
otherwise you will run into endless grief. the compiler flags for gcc/g++ and \
SunStudio10 are incompatible (with the exception of basic -I and -L). :-)
--Stefan
-- Stefan Teleman          'Nobody Expects the Spanish \
Inquisition'steleman@nyc.rr.com                          -Monty \
kde-solaris mailing list.Account management:  \
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-solaris.Archives: \
http://lists.kde.org/.More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.